Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ttrashy Tuesday

Happy July 5th -  now back to work you slackers!  Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. You're never too old to learn something stupid. Thanks Barb for pointing out one of my shortcomings.

Shout-out - Got to give the neighborhood kudos.  As I sneaked my donation to our landfill today at 7:05 am, I noticed that all of my neighbors within eyesight had their garbage, recycling and yard waste neatly presented at the curb.  Correctly spaced as dictated.  Could not have been prouder.  I have had numerous conversations with acquaintances over the past week.  There appears to be a very deep hostility toward our Garbage Gestapo that is simmering just below the surface.  It won't take much to set off an outcry.

Word of the Week:  PARAPROSDOKIANS.

This little gem was submitted by my good friend Barb.  She actually left this as a comment to my blog last week but I didn't post the comment because I wanted to spring this on my readers.  This is a head scratcher for sure.

Did you enjoy the 4th of July long weekend?  We sure did.  We didn't do anything to speak of.  I didn't think it was possible for us to do less than we do every day since we are retired but where there is a will there is a way.  Jenny, the elder, allowed us to hang at her place on Sunday and Monday.  It was a good time and great eats. Several people used the pool, of course.  Lots of sun and mild temps. for July in Iowa.  Kinnick gave us an exhibition of his dock diving talents.  I was stunned to see him go about 10 feet or so.  I was afraid he was going to hit the opposite side of the pool.  He was well over half way.  He has also figured out how to walk up the ladder to get out.  Way to go Kinnick!!  The training at the fitness club is paying off.  I am looking for some type of tunnel for wet animals to shake off in.  Kinnick will "share" his pool water with everyone in a 10 foot circle.

Speaking of dogs, why is it that people insist on taking their pet to crowded outdoor events?  We went to our farmers market on Saturday.  This is a place packed with people, vendors and exhibitors.  Sure enough at about every turn,  those of us who were vertically challenged had a pit bull staring us in the face.  Crowds and dog just don't go together.  It doesn't matter how well behaved the pet is, it is just not a good fit.

I had what I thought was a brainstorm the other day.  Jenny and my current wife, Sue didn't quite see it as viable though.  You see I thought that with the success of our Grandpa Bailey's Doggie Fitness Center and Spa that I could expand it by taking this service to my clients.  Going mobile seemed like a great idea.  No one is doing it, it's a way to bring this service to everyone.  Everyone is busy and on tight schedules these days.  Seems like a great concept to me.  However, since our family lives by democratic principles, I was out voted 2 against and 1 for.  I am usually on the short side of any family vote.  I think this may be gender based since there are 3 females and 1 male in my family.  Don't know for sure, just sayin'!!

Another Shout-out:  On this day in 1946, yes my birth year also, Louis Reard introduced the bikini swimsuit in France.  Let's go guys, put your hands together for Louis.  Brilliant mind!!!

"Figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected; frequently used in a humorous situation." "Where there's a will, I want to be in it," is a type of paraprosdokian.  How about "We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public".  Some would argue that this statement would apply to me.  I strongly disagree because if I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The French Roast high is fading and so is my enthusiasm.  Is 9:00 am too early for a nap?  Until next we meet, I remain your most humble bloggist.  To one and all, have a GREAT day!!!  TA!

You may catch my blog at:http://drivelovercoffee.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment