Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday - "Special" Edition

Oh Boy, is my face ever red.  Thursday I sat down with my French Roast all set to pump out yet more Drivel.  My current wife, you may know as Sue, has been drumming up readership.  She had promised another blog for Thursday.  Obviously, you did not see a Drivel Blog on Thursday or Friday.  My Blogger was down.  You don't ever want your Blogger to be down.  It is down right embarrassing.  They posted a little message stating it would be back up shortly.  They have an usual opinion of what "Shortly" means.  I think of this in terms of an hour or two.  They obviously think in terms of days.

It is certainly nice to be a blogger again.  Kind of felt like my pants were down and everyone was staring.  You know the feeling.  The pause did give me time to hook up with an old friend in Florida.  We found each other on face book and I convinced her that she just couldn't live without the Drivel, so she subscribed albeit a bit confrontational.  She told MacBlu to "bring it on" with my word of the week.  Hang on folks, the ride may get bumpy.  The current wife has successfully recruited some readership from members of our fitness class at the gym.  I'm not real certain if that was a good idea.  This last week a guy I will call Franz started harassing me as soon as I entered the workout room.  I have also noted that a couple of our instructors seem to be giving me a little harder time than in the past.  That couldn't really be happening, could it?

Some of my friends follow the Drivel using face book.  I also have an email list which unfortunately is maxed out. You can follow this bunch of drivel at drivelovercoffee.blogspot.com. This will yield a nicely formatted blog plus allow you to add comments if you so choose. It does require a Google Friend Connect account which is free. Click on the "Follow" button and follow the prompts.

UPDATE:  I have been unable to sell, donate or give away my handyman tools and supplies.  It looks like I am stuck with this stuff.  That being said, I looked at my inoperable new bathroom exhaust fan.  I think I solved the problem but discovered the engineers who designed this thing were idiots.  They got their degrees by mail order I think.  Appears the light bulb, when installed just barely rests against a nut that holds everything together.  The bolt attached to the nut is just long enough to touch the fan.  It alternatively vibrates like the devil or turns as if it is in mud.  With that success, I began an edging project around some shrubs.  This has been several years in the making.  Actually, Jenny got the job started.  The goal is to surround these bushes with blocks and fill with mulch.  Should be complete some time in 2013.  Stay tuned.

Kinnick, Jenny the elders yellow lab, has allergies. What a bummer for a dog. He has them bad. He takes a step or two, sits and scratches someplace. Poor thing. As a result, I have curtailed his training regimen at the Grandpa Bailey's Doggie Fitness Center and Spa.  He is on medication for a week or so.  It has really done its job.  He is not itching all now which is great because he was getting some sores under his armpit(or legpit). The downside is ggfdsaCVZXzFDSAEWQ  "Crap!" I just spilled some French Roast on the keyboard and had to wipe it up quickly.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  I think we are back on track now.  I was afraid that the coffee with 6 teaspoons of sugar may gum up the keys.

Speaking of coffee.  I had opined a while ago about the nice 5 cup Mr. Coffee coffee maker my daughter Debby, the younger elder or whatever, gave to me.  It has some "issues" if you remember.  Purely on impulse, I purchased a replacement at our friendly Wally World shopping emporium.  It was a different brand of course.  The old one was re-gifted to Debby.  I think she remembered, however.  Well this pot has been in service for a few weeks.  It too has developed "issues".  What do I do now?  Ice water in the morning just doesn't cut it.

Speaking of Debby, we had supper at her place the other day. (Interesting how things seem to link together isn't it?)  She is developing into a nice little cook.  Have to give her a shout out for a nice meal of BBQ ribs and fixins'.  Jenny contributed also with my mom's version of brownies.  Yummo!  Jenny and Debby are turning out to be pretty good cooks.  The eldest black pug, Barney, took exception I think because he had an upset stomach.  Spending the evening burping, gurgling, heaving and just being plain ill.  Didn't take the edge off of our hunger though.  Debby has a birthday coming up on Monday.  Should I get her a present?  She has just about everything.  Maybe there is something I can re-gift to her.  Hmmmm! 

It is official!!!!!!  Cedar Rapids Solid Waster (Waste) is giving all of its deserving residents a (wait for it) ........ GARBY.  Yep, they will start distributing these in July.  Don't know what a Garby is?  It is a garbage plastic can made for automated pick up and dumping.  It has a capacity of 90 lbs. or 35 gallons.  It joins the Curby and Yardy.  The family should be complete.  .....And you thought "Drivel Over Coffee" was a worthwhile blog!

Speaking of Garby, (there I go again), does anyone get annoyed with the Northern Ultra Soft & Strong bathroom tissue commercials on TV?  I do.  For some reason these commercials just strike me as wrong.  I don't really think the public is terribly concerned about "staying clean" while "cleaning" with their toilet paper.  These commercials join my club of the inane.  They sit right next to the prescription drug commercials and the class action lawsuit commercials for prescription drugs.

Well, ye olde clocke on the wall is ticking away.  The French Roast is long ago gone, some on the keyboard and the rest down the hatch.  You all have a great weekend and we will see you for a Trashy Tuesday.  Until then, have a great day and better tomorrow.  TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment